By Rania Naim
1. Sorry I missed your text, I passed out last night. The text is usually either asking to hang out or asking what he’s up to. If he has a tendency to pass out every night you text him to meet up, he’s just not that into you.
2. I’m just really bad at texting. I hate it. He’s bad at texting but he’s also bad at calling and answering your calls.
3. I’ve been very busy lately, work has been crazy. So is every other human being trying to make ends meet!
4. I might just take it easy this weekend. Why can’t we take it easy together?
5. I’m not ready for anything right now, I’m focused on my career. But I’m fine with leading you on.
6. I’m not ready for anything right now, I just got out of a bad relationship. Translation: I’m not over my ex.
7. I’m not ready for anything right now, I think I’m destined to be single. Translation: I’m still hoping my ex would come back.
8. I’m not ready for anything right now, I think we should just be friends and who knows what might happen in the future. This is what will happen, you’ll meet someone else and marry them because you don’t friend zone women you’re crazy about.
9. You deserve so much better, I don’t think I’ll be able to give you what you deserve. Blows my mind when the guy claims he’s not good enough for you while making you feel like you’re not good enough for him.
10. I have so much going on in my life right now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to add a relationship on top of all that. Why don’t you try and find out?
11. I’m afraid I might hurt you and I really don’t want to lose you. Do you really think you won’t lose me after this line?
12. The timing is just not right. Maybe we should have this conversation when you’re 50 and your life is perfectly stable so the timing can finally be right.
13. I think you’re great but I don’t know if I am ready for anything right now. Translation: I’m talking to 10 other girls and trying to decide which one I like the most.
14. It sucks to let you go but I have to. No. You don’t have to but you want to because you could’ve asked me to stay if it sucks so much.
15. I can’t do long-distance. Apparently, you can’t do short distance either.
Rania Naim is a writer and author splitting her time between Cairo and the US.