111 Conversation Starters And Topics To Ignite Killer Dates And Meetings
By Shahida Arabi
These conversation starters and topics will spark unique conversations for couples, for friends, or even as a way to get to know someone.
Let’s face it, small talk is boring and often reveals nothing about a person at the onset of getting to know them or spending time with them. If you really want to set a conversation aflame, it’s time to get to the meaningful, meaty, juicy details — with some mindfulness to the context and person’s comfort level, of course. Here are 111 fiery conversation starters that can make a date extra spicy or really anyform of meeting a little less bland. These aren’t your typical run-of-the mill questions — in fact, they’re designed to dig deeper and get to the heart of who a person really is.
These are categorized by topics and range from “mild” questions (questions you would pose to someone you don’t know well or aren’t as comfortable with, preferably for platonic meetings or first dates) all the way to red-hot (questions you’d pose when you really want to get personal and your comfort level (or inebriation level) with this person permits it).
Conversation starters about personality and desires
SPICE LEVEL: Mild
1. Do you prefer going out or staying in during your free time?
2. Do you know your Myers-Briggs type? Does it seem accurate?
3. Would you describe yourself as more of a loner or a social butterfly?
4. What would you spend your ideal night in doing?
5. What does your ideal night out look like?
6. Would you describe yourself as more of an extrovert or introvert?
7. What is one thing people always notice about you?
8. Which hobby do people say you’re obsessed with?
9. Is there a faith or spiritual belief system you identify with most?
10. What’s your most favorite quality about yourself?